Sunday, June 22, 2008

Networkers at Cisco Live! Day 0

Today started in Bloomington, IL getting up at 04:00 CDT to get to the airport for a 06:00 CDT flight to Atlanta and then on to Orlando.  Unfortunately we started off with a whimper as I discovered that I had left the folder with the Disney tickets at home.  We're still debating on how to rectify that either with new tickets or doing something different.  The flights were uneventful and Emily made it through even though she's not big on flying.  Once in Orlando we checked in to our hotel and she napped while I crammed for my Cisco Exam.

Unfortunately my studying was for naught as I had not realized that I was studying for an older version of the exam.  I didn't do too poorly, but I didn't get enough points to pass the exam so I'll have to regroup and try again later this summer back at home.  After the exam, we went to dinner and then Wonder Works, which is an upside down (or appears so) building that houses many science experimental stations.  We had a lot of fun inside.  We thought of it as research since Emily's new job has a science specialization.

By the time we hit the hotel (after walking the 2 mile round trip from the hotel to Wonder Works), we were exhausted between the early start and the walking in the heat and humidity of central Florida.  This led to a very sound night of sleep with the A/C cranked to high.

More on Networkers as the week progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment