Saturday, May 12, 2007

A When Harry Met Sally Reflection

Jess:I don't understand this relationship.

Harry: What do you mean?

Jess: You enjoy being with her?

Harry: Yeah

Jess: You find her attractive?

Harry: Yeah

Jess: And you're not sleeping with her. [ok so it's more like and you haven't asked her out for me]

Harry: No

Jess: You're afraid to let yourself be happy.


This dialog hit me different this time. I've seen this movie dozens of times over the years. I guess it's just the intersection of the scene and the moment I'm in right now. I have a good friend that I've known for almost a decade. She's one of those people that unless someone says something you would never think of outside of the friendship you're in because she's your friend. This past New Years I spent time with her and another friend. The other friend actually asked if we were dating. We weren't and still aren't, but that planted a seed that has sent me down that path of thought. I'm just so worried about saying anything to her and possibly making things weird between us if she's not interested. I wish there was a way to read a woman's mind because they sure don't send clear signals.

No comments:

Post a Comment