Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ponderings

Ah, spring is here, smell the scents of flowers and freshly cut grass wafting through the air. And in the mailbox amid the bills and junk mail, a small stream of those fancy envelopes with their "LOVE" stamp. Yup wedding invitations. As usual this puts me into a pensive mood.

I start to wonder when it will be that I'll at least have a date to take with me to a wedding. Of course long term I wonder if I'll ever have a wedding of my own.

On a more immediate pondering, I have two tickets for a Billy Joel concert in St. Louis for the 25th. At the time I bought them back in January I had a hope that I would have a girlfriend by now to go with. I really don't like going to things like this alone. I really want to go, but I'm not sure if I'd rather go alone and waste a ticket or if I'd rather find some couple that would like to buy the tickets off of me and spend my loneliness at home.

Is love such a hard thing to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment