Friday, November 9, 2007

Updates from the Front

Ok, so it's been a long time since I've posted anything of substance on my blog and I guess it must be time to do a post. Either that or I'm hopelessly lacking motivation to do anything else right now.

Lately the main focus for me has been my work situation. As some of you know, I took a foray into looking for a new job this spring and got an offer from a company in Springfield that I had worked with as a customer back in High School when I was working for my school district. At the time a big project of interest to me finally got approved at Dot so I stayed put for the experience. Now as that project has been delayed and mismanaged I've decided that I can't put myself on hold forever and am looking for new opportunities again. Ideally I think I would like to find a networking job in Springfield and move back to the Springfield area closer to friends and family.

Outside of work, life is kind of boring lately. I've been doing a lot of TV on DVD like NCIS, M*A*S*H and Scrubs. I have really grown to feel like Dr. Cox's character on Scrubs a lot around work. Sometimes my smart alec comments in my head take on his voice which is mildly amusing to me. The Catholic young adult group in Springfield has kind of fizzled now that I'm the only non-married member (Young adult groups shouldn't have an odd number of members!).

My main pursuit lately has been music. Monday nights I'm playing with the Lincoln Land Community College jazz band. I've been doing this for a year and a half now. It's quite challenging for me because I never really got to do jazz in high school and I'm surrounded by guys that have been doing it for years. My chops are finally close to where they were in high school and hopefully they'll continue to get better. If you're in the Springfield area, our concert for the semester is November 26th at 7:30pm at the First Christian Church. Admission is a food donation for the food bank.

Music Ministry is my other musical pursuit. I'm playing trumpet, singing tenor (I'm the only guy right now in the choir.) and still cantoring for Mass. It gives me something to do on Wednesday nights.

If anyone feels like road tripping or meeting up in random midwest cities, let me know. I'll probably be game. Time for some fall/winter adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment