Friday, June 23, 2006

Networkers is Almost Over

One more day long session to go and Networkers 2006 will be history. Last night they had the customer appreciation party at UNLV which was pretty fun. They had live music, battle bots and lots of free food. Most people are headed home today, but there are still probably 1,000 of the 10,000 sticking around for the intense one day course on various topics that they have today. I'm going to one on Network Admission Control (NAC) today. Basically NAC allows the network to scan a new computer before giving it access to make sure it's virus free and has all of the newest OS patches. Should be interesting as long as the presenter isn't dry.

Stopped by the Star Trek Experience last night to pick up some stuff various people have requested I bring back. should enjoy his surprise from there.

Tomorrow I'm flying out around lunch time to Phoenix and then spending two nights in Phoenix visiting a friend from college and getting a chance to go to St. Tim's again in Mesa. Someday I know that I won't have to travel this far for an upbeat liturgy of this nature, but for now I'll get my fix when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment