Friday, September 19, 2008

Legos

Of all toys that are all but ubiquitous you would think that the venerable Lego block would be one of them.  Last night I went looking for a small box of Legos to put with a care package for my fiance knowing that she likes Legos and likes to be kid-like as much as possible.  I was at Wal-Mart, and not just any Wal-Mart, I was at one of the largest Super Wal-Marts in the area.  Figuring to find an entire aisle of blocks and such I was amazed when I couldn't find any blocks at all, not just Legos but any!  I finally went and asked a clerk for help thinking that maybe just maybe they had misfiled blocks under automotive or something.  He told me that they DON'T CARRY LEGOS!!!  He actually told me to go across the street to ShopKo. 

2 comments:

  1. toy aisle next to the cars
    Wal-mart sells legos. He was yankin' yer chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: toy aisle next to the cars
    Not the one in Jacksonville, IL. I looked up and down every single toy aisle they had twice. No Legos.

    ReplyDelete